[sane-devel] sane-backends patch: basic support for Kodak i1120

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Dec 18 11:01:18 UTC 2013

Hi there,

some weeks ago I got hold of a Kodak i1120 scanner (as a loan) and tried
to get it running under Linux. I successfully patched the sources (see
the attached diff file) and could use the scanner without any problems.
Line mode, gray or color scans worked just fine and I was even able to
use the batch scanning.
The one single thing that doesn't work when using the standard
Kodak/Avision driver, is the duplex mode. The data transmission protocol
seems to be different for this mode and the page contents get
interleaved in an unusable way.

I hope the attached patch is useful for you and can somehow be
incorporated into the backend sources. If you need additional background
info, just ask please.

Best regards,

Dirk