[sane-devel] Basic support for LiDE80 in genesys backend - works!

Lorenz Wiedemann lorenz at schlagseite.de
Wed Dec 18 20:17:52 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

thanks to the work of Stef and others, LiDE80 scanner now works fine
with my Ubuntu 12.04 system.

I added the ppa:rolfbensch/sane-git to my Synaptic sources list and
installed or updated (to the 1.0.25-git20131217-precise0 version):

     libsane
     libsane-common
     libsane-dbg
     libsane-dev
     sane-utils

xsane gives full function (not all resolutions tested yet).

Only the colour profile seems to differ quite a lot from the one used by
the Windows / original Canon software. Scanned pictures are shifted to
green and dark.

In Xsane configuration (colour management), there is no scanner ICM
profile loaded.

Somebody who can help with this (last?) issue ...?

Thanks again,

Lorenz