[sane-devel] Basic support for LiDE80 in genesys backend - works!

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Dec 19 20:48:13 UTC 2013

On 18/12/2013 21:17, Lorenz Wiedemann wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> thanks to the work of Stef and others, LiDE80 scanner now works fine
> with my Ubuntu 12.04 system.
>
> I added the ppa:rolfbensch/sane-git to my Synaptic sources list and
> installed or updated (to the 1.0.25-git20131217-precise0 version):
>
>     libsane
>     libsane-common
>     libsane-dbg
>     libsane-dev
>     sane-utils
>
> xsane gives full function (not all resolutions tested yet).
>
> Only the colour profile seems to differ quite a lot from the one used
> by the Windows / original Canon software. Scanned pictures are shifted
> to green and dark.
>
> In Xsane configuration (colour management), there is no scanner ICM
> profile loaded.
>
> Somebody who can help with this (last?) issue ...?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Lorenz

     Hello,

     I haven't really work on color calibration. In order to improve it,
would you run scanimage from the command line with the following
environment variable set :

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL843=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
scanimage -d genesys --clear-calibration --resolution 75 --mode Color
 >scan.pnm 2>scan.log

     Then send me the various *.pnm files and the scan.log files. They
will hold information that will allow me to tune the colors.

Regards,
     Stef