[sane-devel] Infrastructure: Rename sane-devel to sane-discuss

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 7 11:52:23 UTC 2013

Dear SANE folks,

I just subscribed to the list and I am sorry to start with that topic
which has probably already been discussed.

But I was confused to by the -devel suffix and being subscribed to
several other FOSS project lists after reading the Web page [1] I was
surprised that it is also used for user questions.

So to spare potential subscribers from reading the long description on
[1] and to make it apparent from the list name where to subscribe to, I
suggest to rename the list to sane-discuss and forward messages to
`sane-devel` to it for some time.

If that is not possible at all, it would be great if the Mailing lists
Web page [1] could be restructured to have a short overview at the very
top with the descriptions from the Alioth list overview page [2].

Thanks,

Paul