[sane-devel] Handling of bug reports and patches

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 7 11:59:13 UTC 2013

Dear SANE folks,

yesterday I created several new tickets and attached patches to some of
them, like [1].

        [#314016] Cppcheck: [backend/hp-device.c:351,430]: (error) Possible null pointer dereference

Looking at the Git history it looks like though that for example the
last commit was submitted and discussed on this mailing list, sane-devel
[2].

        commit 883d19145255ca098b89a9c2a5939c69034c98d8
        Author: Rolf Bensch <roben-guest at alioth.debian.org>
        Date:   Wed Feb 6 22:16:58 2013 +0100

            fixed button support for Canon Pixma MG6200

So to know what to do and what the current process is to get patches in,
should I bring the issues up to this list or should I just wait and
leave them in the Alioth tracker?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=314016&group_id=30186&atid=410366