[sane-devel] Scanner Button on scanjet 4300C

e.marc at orange.fr e.marc at orange.fr
Sat Feb 9 08:02:08 UTC 2013

Update of status:
it works a little bit.

scanbd -f displays lots of data; among which at the begining:
=====
scanbd: debug on: level: 7
scanbd: dropping privs to uid saned
scanbd: dropping privs to gid lp
scanbd: drop privileges to gid: 7
scanbd: Running as effective gid 7
scanbd: drop privileges to uid: 107
scanbd: Running as effective uid 107
scanbd: dbus_init
scanbd: dbus match type='signal',interface='org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager'
scanbd: sane version 1.0
scanbd: Scanning for local-only devices
scanbd: found device: niash:libusb:002:003 Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 4300C
flatbed scanner
scanbd: start_sane_threads
scanbd: Starting poll thread for niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: Thread started for device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: start dbus thread
scanbd: timeout: 500 ms
scanbd: Iteration on dbus call
scanbd: sane_poll
scanbd: found 13 options for device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: sane_find_matching_options
scanbd: found 5 actions in section (null)
scanbd: checking action scan with filter: ^scan.*
scanbd: option[1]  for device niash:libusb:002:003 not of type BOOL|INT|FIXED|
STRING|BUTTON. Skipping
scanbd: found active option[2] tl-x (type: 1) for device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: found active option[3] tl-y (type: 1) for device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: found active option[4] br-x (type: 1) for device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: found active option[5] br-y (type: 1) for device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: found active option[6] resolution (type: 1) for device
niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: option[7]  for device niash:libusb:002:003 not of type BOOL|INT|FIXED|
STRING|BUTTON. Skipping
scanbd: found active option[8] gamma-table (type: 1) for device
niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: option[9]  for device niash:libusb:002:003 not of type BOOL|INT|FIXED|
STRING|BUTTON. Skipping
scanbd: found active option[10] mode (type: 3) for device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: option[11]  for device niash:libusb:002:003 not of type BOOL|INT|
FIXED|STRING|BUTTON. Skipping
scanbd: checking action email with filter: ^email$
[...]
scanbd: checking action copy with filter: ^copy$
=====
but during polling sequence, nothing changes when I press a button
=====
scanbd: polling thread for niash:libusb:002:003 cancellation point
scanbd: polling device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: Iteration on dbus call
scanbd: polling thread for niash:libusb:002:003 cancellation point
scanbd: polling device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: polling thread for niash:libusb:002:003 cancellation point
scanbd: polling device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: Iteration on dbus call
scanbd: polling thread for niash:libusb:002:003 cancellation point
scanbd: polling device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: polling thread for niash:libusb:002:003 cancellation point
scanbd: polling device niash:libusb:002:003
scanbd: Iteration on dbus call
=====

How can I progress towards use of buttons on my scanner?

Regards