[sane-devel] [plustek] follow-up for Epson Perfection 1250/Photo 64-bit issue

contact adbdr contact.adbdr at sfr.fr
Tue Feb 12 19:53:22 UTC 2013

Gutenabend Gerhard und Paul,

Some answers after Gerhard Jaeger's mail:
-It never occurs before the third scan, but sometimes only the fourth
scan is bad.
-The resolution does not seem to have any influence.
And an answer to Paul Menzel
-I have to compress the log because the mail has to remain below 100k,
otherwise it is rejected by the alioth mail handler

Additional information:

Setting in plustek.conf the binary in
option altCalibration 0
to 1
has the result that the problem cannot be reproduced.

Scanning with valgrind active, as proposed by Paul Menzel, makes the
process very slow, and also has the result that the problem cannot be
reproduced.
G_SLICE=always-malloc G_DEBUG=gc-friendly valgrind -v --tool=memcheck
--leak-check=full --num-callers=50 --track-origins=yes --log-file=`date
+%Y%m%d-%H%M%S`--simple-scan--valgrind.log simple-scan

I selected two logs, the first with 'option altCalibration 1'
the second with 'option altCalibration 0' in which case the problem is
supposed to show up.
But after gzip these are over 80k and the result is that a mail
containing either the one or the other is rejected, so I need
instructions as to how to transmit these.
As the problem can't be reproduced while valgrind logs, I wonder whether
there is any use in doing the same with an 32 bit OS.

Gerard van der Veen