[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 700F flatbed scanner

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Feb 18 19:55:59 UTC 2013

On 18/02/2013 18:18, Canie Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been unable to get my Canon 700f to work with Ubuntu 12.04.
> I've tried all the tricks and tips I could find with no success.  As
> far as I can tell I'm running all the latest and greatest.  I found
> where Matus Sabo requested assistance and I'll include your exchange
> below.  His description is exactly what I'm seeing.  Xsane fails with
> "Invalid Argument" as well as scanimage -T.  sane-find-scanner finds
> the scanner as well as scanimage -L. The device is in the rules file
> and I can see it as root or user. I just cant scan.  When I get the
> "invalid argument" the device number is deleted and shows up again
> with the next sequential number.  System log only shows that a new
> device was found.  I'd really like to get this working as I love Gimp
> but the Windows version crashes regularly but the Ubuntu version can't
> use the scanner.  Help!!

     Hello,

     the LiDE 700F is supported by SANE 1.0.23. Can I have the exact
installed version on your system ?
     You can have detailed debug data by running Xsane from a command
shell and exporting the environments variables:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL843=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
xsane 2>debug.log

     Send the debug.log file (zipped) so I can figure out the issue you
are facing. I have also enabled the SANEI USB debugging because we can
sometimes hit problem with some motherboards.

Regards,
     Stef