[sane-devel] Willing to test Canon MG8150

David Legg david.legg at searchevent.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 17:40:55 UTC 2013

I bought a Canon Pixma MG8150 printer over a year ago which has been
brilliant for both printing and scanning.

Recently, I've acquired the family slides which I'd like to archive for
safety and so I tried the slide scanner.  After setting the scan source
to 'Transparency Unit' and pressing the Scan button I can see the slide
scanning light turn on but after a few moments a dialog pops up to say
'Operation was cancelled.'

The device is attached to the network via cat6 ethernet cable. Normal
document scanning and printing works fine, it is just the slide scanner
which stalls.  I'm running xsane 0.998 on an Ubuntu 12.10 (64bit) system
with 8GB ram and 3TB storage.

I see from the SANE compatibility table [1] that testers are wanted for
this model... I'm happy to help :-)

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON