[sane-devel] obtaining sane-recognised driver for Samsung mfp-3400

Tamás Rébeli-Szabó tamas.rebeli.szabo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 09:49:38 UTC 2013

Hello Michkloo,

I have a Samsung SCX-3400F on Ubuntu 12.10. It is not recognized by SANE.

Others also report success with SCX-3400, and that has the same USB Id
as SCX-3400F.

How did you exactly 'compile' Samsung UnifiedLinuxDriver_1.01.tar.gz?

To me, that tar seems to contain a binary installer which is
downloadable from the Samsung Support website as a 'Print Driver'.
Samsung Support told me in an e-mail that there is currently only a
driver for the printer. There is, however, a libsane-smfp.so.1.0.1
library in it, which to me seems as the custom scanner driver from
Samsung.

I am confused. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

tamas