[sane-devel] Willing to test Canon MG8150

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Sat Jan 12 17:57:35 UTC 2013

Hi David,

Please check the used Sane version in xsane with CTRL - i.

Are you sure that you removed the cover from the lamp of the
transparence unit?

If this problem still exist, I need 2 logfiles from you:

(1) Do this inside a terminal window:
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11
$ xsane &> pixma.log
- Try a small TPU scan of about 5mm x 5mm @ 300dpi
- close xsane and send this logfile to me

(2) Scan a small image on a Windows machine and sniff the usb protocol
e.g. with this program: http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/ and
send the logfile to me.

Cheers,
Rolf