[sane-devel] Sane support for Canon PIXMA MG2120, trying to get it to work

David H. Durgee dhdurgee at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 18:24:13 UTC 2013

Rolf Bensch wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Please try a 1200 dpi scan.
>
> If the image is OK, I'll change the status of your scanner as complete
> installed.
>
> Otherwise you need to install Sane 1.0.24 from git and we will go on
> with patching and testing.
>
> The manual installation is described in README.linux:
> http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux. There comes a newer version
> with the sources from git.
>
> Cheers,
> Rolf
Per your request I installed xsane and tried a 1200 dpi scan.  The
results appear as if there were some sort of wrap-around in the image in
one direction that was not present in lower resolutions.  I assume that
this is the problem you are referring to and thus I need to look into
installing 1.0.24 here to address it.  If you need the sample scans I
ran I can post them on DropBox for you.

Have a good weekend.

Dave