[sane-devel] backend distribution question

Ruell Magpayo Ruell.Magpayo at ddp.kyocera.com
Fri Jan 25 02:39:07 UTC 2013

Hi Johannes,

Nice to hear from you,
I would like to  define by what I mean by: "Kyocera home based MFP devices"
It refers to the newly released(2012) low-cost printers from Kyocera;
FS-1020, FS-1125, FS-1120 series

Some of these products have network interface but because it is low-cost MFP,
it does not have the scan to email feature unlike the other Kyocera products.

All processing from these devices are done at host PC side including the image processing.
We are considering options on how to support linux scan since it was just released last year.

By the way, out of curiosity, do you remember who from Kyocera or from what Kyocera site you have communicated before? :)

Thanks
Ruell