[sane-devel] Canon DR-3010C - Intention to Test

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 12:37:11 UTC 2013

Stef was working on the flatbed portion (genesys based). The main
scanner unit is already supported by the development version of the
canon_dr backend. However, we just copied the 2510c settings, so it is
possible that some features won't work correctly.

In order to improve support, we need to try and exercise all the
features offered by the windows driver, and then try the same with
sane. Various combinations of options should also be tried, in single
page and multi-page mode. Any errors or missing options would need to
be investigated further, probably using usb traces from a windows
machine.

Many of the 'features' of this class of scanner are actually provided
by the windows driver, so are difficult to reproduce. There are some
software routines for deskew and crop in the canon_dr backend,
however. These were later copied into the sanei_magic library.

allan