[sane-devel] scanbd on Raspberry Pi Connection Failed system_bus_socket

deigerwutz mail at olaf-schirmer.de
Mon Jul 15 15:01:01 UTC 2013

Dear all

Now some months later and still without an stable solution I want to
summarise my experiences with scanbd and a Fujitsu Scansnap FI-5110/EOX2
scanner.

I am running scanbd on a raspberry pi.
Everything works great except one thing.
If I close the cover and reopen it, scanbd will not restart the right way
because I get a lot of "Interation on dbus call" errors.
Both xinetd and scanbd will be stopped and started by a udev rule.
No problems with that.

Now the strange thing:

1. Reboot the machine with open cover = scanbd works fine
2. Cover close and reopen = "Iteration on dbus call" - error
3. Restart scanbd with open cover (service scanbd restart) = scanbd works
fine.

I've tried a lot of different users and rights for scanbd and xinetd, but
couldn't find a solution .

It seems that scanbd has to be started only when xinetd is running
completely. How long does it take to start xinetd on a raspberry pi I did
not measure.
Maybe somewhere there is the answer for my question, but a little help from
the developers here would be great.

So let me say thank you in advance.

Best regards

Olaf