[sane-devel] Problems with MX712 via Network

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Wed Jul 17 17:38:35 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-17 at 09:42 -0700, warnes wrote:
> Hi Louis,
>

> I connected t he printer via USB and ran:
>

>      export SANE_DEBUG_BJNP=3
>
>      scanimage | tee scanimage.log
>

> The logfile is attached.
>

> -Greg
Not exavlty what I asked: first determine whether the issue is in the
backend by scanning over USB. If that does not work either, the issue is
in the pixma backend code (and Rolf can probably help you there).

If scanning over USB does work, do a scan _over_the_network_ (with the
setting mentioned above). But again, this does not make sense when the
scan over USB fails too.

Louis