[sane-devel] CanoScan 5600F support

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Jun 3 19:35:29 UTC 2013

On 31/05/2013 17:04, Carsten Jensen wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I found this:
> http://sane.10972.n7.nabble.com/CanoScan-5600F-Genesys-backend-td16745.html
>

> and got curious if there is any news on this ?
>
> the thread seems a little vague to what needs to be done.
>
> I'm new to sane, so please treat me as such :-)
>
> cheers
> Carsten

     Hello,

     I couldn't work on it since I'ma lacking such a device. To have
full support for it  there are device descriptions to add in
genesys_devices.c and genesys_gl847.h . Currently the gl847 handles only
CIS sensors, and not CCD yet like your scanner. Calibration would have
to be adapted to this sensor (look at the genesys_gl841.c code to have
an idea of what to create).
     Since we don't have datasheet of each components inside the
scanner, the only way to work is do reverse engineering on the scanner,
using an USB snooping program to record windows driver activity.

Regards,
     Stef