[sane-devel] Xerox 3220 USB problem

Alex Eftimie alex at rosedu.org
Thu Jun 6 10:46:11 UTC 2013

I'm having this problem: when I connect the scanner to the computer
for the first time, `scanimage -L` detects it correctly as a xerox
workcentre 3220.

But: any further calls to `scanimage -L` raise: "No scanners were
found" and I'm unable to use it.

If you can give me any hints, I would surely appreciate it. I've tried
setting various debug levels and watching scanimage logs, dmesg and
syslog. But nothing pops out. The scanner is still connected, appears
in `lsusb`, but `scanimage -L` won't find it.

I'm using ubuntu 13.04 packages on an Acer Aspire v3 571 laptop. On my
desktop, with the same kernel and packages, I can't reproduce it.
Checking some foreign forums, I suspect the problem is related with
usb_suspend and/or incomplete usb 3 support in the laptop.

Any hints would be appreciated!

Alex