[sane-devel] scanimage hanging

David Friberg dfriberg23 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 23:20:29 UTC 2013

I've been using scanimage to do batch scanning on my Fujitsu ScanSnap
ix500.  This has worked fine until today, when I get the following
output:

[dfriberg at localhost test]$ scanimage -b -d fujitsu --format=tiff
--resolution=300
Scanning -1 pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1
Scanning page 1
Scanned page 1. (scanner status = 5)
Scanning page 2
scanimage: sane_start: Document feeder out of documents
libusbx: warning [add_to_flying_list] failed to arm first timerfd (errno 9)
libusbx: warning [libusb_close] internal signalling read failed, closing anyway
libusbx: error [do_close] Device handle closed while transfer was
still being processed, but the device is still connected as far as we
know
libusbx: error [do_close] A cancellation hasn't even been scheduled on
the transfer for which the device is closing
^Cscanimage: received signal 2
scanimage: trying to stop scanner
^Cscanimage: received signal 2
scanimage: aborting
[dfriberg at localhost test]$ scanimage --version
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.24git; backend version 1.0.24

As you can see it hangs after the libusbx errors.  However, it is
producing output images.