[sane-devel] Looking to get my Mustek A3 1200S flatbed Scanner with GL128 chip working with XSANE

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jun 26 04:04:20 UTC 2013

On 17/06/2013 21:34, George Chriss wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Stef <stef.dev at free.fr
> <mailto:stef.dev at free.fr>> wrote:
>
> >     it took me some time to adapt my decoding scripts from usbsnoop
> to pcap format.
>
> Are there substantial differences (e.g., timing precision) between the
> various formats (usbmon, pcap/ng, usbsnoop)?  Is there a preferred choice?
>
> > I am now trying to find how much different it is from the GL124,
> which is the closest support chip in genesys backend.
>
> No problems keeping the livestream going for at least another month or
> so.  Also open to the idea of swapping out scanners if there are other
> development targets.
>
> + A write-up on remote development:
> http://gchriss.tumblr.com/post/53081576632/remote-development
>
> Sincerely,
> George
>

> > Regards,
> >     Stef

     Hello,

     you need some more logs:
     - one at highest hardware CC resolution, full width, but with
minimal height to keep data amount low
     - several scan of a small area at different dpi

     I'm trying to find if it is difficult to guess the usage of the
registers, since I don't have the datasheet.

     Using the same version of wireshark you used is OK now my decoding
scripts are modified.

Regards,
     Stef