[sane-devel] Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 supported?

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sat Jun 29 10:08:59 UTC 2013

> I have just committed an updated version (117) of the fujitsu backend
> to the sane-backends git repo. It fixes the swcrop bug for the iX500
> in lineart mode, improves some error handling for all scanners, and
> also fixes a bug which caused the iX500 to lockup after the last page
> of a batch was scanned. I would appreciate if fujitsu scanner owners
> (particularly iX500) could test, and let me know if you see any
> problems.

swcrop is now working fine, thanks for the fix!  I've never had the
iX500 lock up so can't comment there, but I am still getting the new
weird (harmless) USB errors:

Scanned page 1. (scanner status = 5)
Scanning page 2
[fujitsu] sane_start: start
[fujitsu] started=1, side=0, source=1
[fujitsu] restore_params: start
[fujitsu] restore_params: finish
[fujitsu] object_position: start
[fujitsu] get_hardware_status: start
[fujitsu] get_hardware_status: running
[fujitsu] get_hardware_status: calling ghs
[fujitsu] do_usb_cmd: start
[fujitsu] do_usb_cmd: finish
[fujitsu] get_hardware_status: finish
[fujitsu] sane_start: ERROR: cannot load page
[fujitsu] sane_start: error 7
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: start
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: cancelling
[fujitsu] scanner_control: start
[fujitsu] scanner_control: function 4
[fujitsu] do_usb_cmd: start
[fujitsu] do_usb_cmd: finish
[fujitsu] scanner_control: success, tries 1, ret 0
[fujitsu] scanner_control: finish
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: finish 2
scanimage: sane_start: Document feeder out of documents
[fujitsu] sane_cancel: start
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: start
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: already cancelled
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: finish 2
[fujitsu] sane_cancel: finish
[fujitsu] sane_close: start
[fujitsu] mode_select_buff: start
[fujitsu] do_usb_cmd: start
[fujitsu] cmd: return error 'Error during device I/O'
[fujitsu] mode_select_buff: finish
[fujitsu] disconnect_fd: start
[fujitsu] disconnecting usb device
libusbx: error [do_close] Device handle closed while transfer was still
being processed, but the device is still connected as far as we know
libusbx: error [do_close] A cancellation hasn't even been scheduled on
the transfer for which the device is closing
^C
scanimage: received signal 2
scanimage: trying to stop scanner
[fujitsu] sane_cancel: start
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: start
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: already cancelled
[fujitsu] check_for_cancel: finish 2
[fujitsu] sane_cancel: finish
^C
scanimage: received signal 2