[sane-devel] Xerox 3220 USB problem

Alex Eftimie alex at rosedu.org
Sun Jun 30 10:56:08 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM, ABC <abc at telekom.ru> wrote:
> Alex,
>
> It maybe be becasue (it is possible) that smfp using different scanning
> mode, like different resolution. (And then doing some image conversion
> internally.) xerox_mfp driver's settings are 'physical' for the device.

Well, I'm setting the resolution myself, with --resolution=300 (the
same for xerox_mfp and smfp). Also, I'm using as color mode: "Lineart"
for xerox_mfp and "Black and White - Line Art" for smfp. But still 4
seconds vs 10 seconds. Can I get 'physical' with smfp :D?

---
smfp:
scanimage --mode=Black and White - Line Art --format=tiff
--resolution=300 --batch=/tmp/scan_20130630_124135_%03d.tiff
--batch-count=1

xerox_mfp:
scanimage --device-name=xerox_mfp:libusb:001:015 --mode=Lineart
--format=tiff --resolution=300
--batch=/tmp/scan_20130630_125035_%03d.tiff --batch-count=1
---

> I wonder what you meant by this:
>
>> I managed to get it working by using the proprietary drivers from
>> ... but the usb problem remains.
>
> Did you mean there is different usb problem with smfp driver? And what
> was usb problem with xerox_mfp?

The usb problem with xerox_mfp was that `scanimage -L` shows the
xerox_mfp device only once, then it disappears. I need to replug the
USB in order to see it again, but this also means I cannot scan with
xerox_mfp. I can only reproduce this on a new laptop with usb 3.0
ports. Same kernel and SANE, old laptop -> no problem.

There is no problem with smfp, aside from the speed.

Alex