[sane-devel] Reflecta ProScan / Crystalscan 7200 PIE film scanner update

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 4 09:33:45 UTC 2013

Dear Klaus,

Am Montag, den 04.03.2013, 10:02 +0100 schrieb Klaus Kaempf:

> after (too) many weeks, I finally found some time to work on the
> 'pieusb' backend driver again.

nice. Thank you for taking the time.

> Based on Jan's work, I started a big round of cleanups and coding
> style improvements. The various pieusb_*.c are now separate
> compilation units.
>
> See https://github.com/kkaempf/sane-backends/tree/kkaempf for the
> current state.
>
> The current code compiles but wasn't tested against the actual scanner
> yet.
> Once this test is successful, I'd like to push the code upstream and
> go from there.

In my opinion, before committing this upstream you could squash several
commits into the original one (as it is not upstream yet). That will
keep the commit log cleaner.

If you have even more time and as you found some small errors already
and fixed them, you could run Cppcheck and splint on your code (and
mention that in the commit message).

Thanks,

Paul