[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MG6350

Theo theo.van.rijn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 10:02:44 UTC 2013

Hi Rolf,

I did a fresh install from GIT again and the scanning does work. I did
find an issue: scanning over ethernet (bjnp://) works fine but over USB
doesn't. This is the debug output when I select the USB connection:

$ xsane
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of pixma to 3.
[pixma] pixma is compiled without pthread support.
[pixma] pixma version 0.17.2
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canon PIXMA MG6300 at libusb:001:007
[pixma] Scanner model found: Name MG6300(Canon PIXMA MG6300) matches
MG6300 series
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canon PIXMA MG6300 at
bjnp://canon-printer.x.x:8612
[pixma] pixma_find_scanners() found 2 devices
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canon PIXMA MG6300 at libusb:001:007
[pixma] Scanner model found: Name MG6300(Canon PIXMA MG6300) matches
MG6300 series
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canon PIXMA MG6300 at
bjnp://canon-printer.x.x:8612
[pixma] pixma_open(): Canon PIXMA MG6300
[pixma] Sending time: '13/03/17 10:45'
[pixma] No response yet. Timed out in 8 sec.
[pixma] No response yet. Timed out in 7 sec.
[pixma] No response yet. Timed out in 6 sec.
[pixma] No response yet. Timed out in 5 sec.
[pixma] No response yet. Timed out in 4 sec.
[pixma] No response yet. Timed out in 3 sec.
[pixma] No response yet. Timed out in 2 sec.
[pixma] No response yet. Timed out in 1 sec.
[pixma] WARNING: Error in response phase. cmd:eb80
[pixma]   If the scanner hangs, reset it and/or unplug the USB cable.

I'll be doing some more debugging on this later today.

BTW: printing over USB works fine; itś apparently not the USB stack that
gives issues.

--
Kind regards, Theo van Rijn