[sane-devel] Looking to get my Mustek A3 1200S flatbed Scanner with GL128 chip working with XSANE

George Chriss gschriss at gmail.com
Fri May 24 01:09:25 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 9:02 pm, George Chriss wrote:
>      Hello,
>
>      I can't find the datasheet for this chip, so I can't really tell
> how different it is from already supported genesys chip. But even with
> the datasheet, it is not convenient to develop without a test scanner. A
> few seconds test can turn in a few hours (even days) long, because of
> getting code changes applied remotely, then executed and getting debug
> information back. Programming for these scanner involve quite a lot of
> trial and error, even if you have the datasheet.

Please see:
http://vasks.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410369&aid=314022&group_id=30186

Would root access to a machine connected to the scanner suffice?  If not so
much, the logic board (~10 sq. cm) can be readily detached from the
body/scan bar and shipped, if that helps things.

No reply from Mustek on Linux support.

Sincerely,
George