[sane-devel] Looking to get my Mustek A3 1200S flatbed Scanner with GL128 chip working with XSANE

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon May 27 08:52:11 UTC 2013

Le 24/05/2013 03:09, George Chriss a écrit :

> On Thu, May 23, 2013 9:02 pm, George Chriss wrote:
> >      Hello,
> >
> >      I can't find the datasheet for this chip, so I can't really tell
> > how different it is from already supported genesys chip. But even with
> > the datasheet, it is not convenient to develop without a test scanner. A
> > few seconds test can turn in a few hours (even days) long, because of
> > getting code changes applied remotely, then executed and getting debug
> > information back. Programming for these scanner involve quite a lot of
> > trial and error, even if you have the datasheet.
> >

> Please see:
> http://vasks.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410369&aid=314022&group_id=30186
>
> Would root access to a machine connected to the scanner suffice?  If
> not so much, the logic board (~10 sq. cm) can be readily detached from
> the body/scan bar and shipped, if that helps things.
>
> No reply from Mustek on Linux support.
>
> Sincerely,
> George

     Hello,

     the pdf is only the product overview, and so is useless for
developing a backend. I just couldn't find the full datasheet on the
various search site I tried, which adds another hurdle.
      Having remote access to the scanner isn't enough. When testing,
you have to ear and see how the scanner is behaving. And you often turn
it off and on to reset it to a clean state.

Regards,
     Stef