[sane-devel] Fwd: [Question #229575]: Simplescan problem with HP6200c Scanjet (HELP!)

xkbigphilu278 at aol.com xkbigphilu278 at aol.com
Mon May 27 23:27:06 UTC 2013

 HI,

I've been having some problems with my trusty HP scanjet 6200c. When I use simple scan it seems to work but only for half dozen scans. Then the scanner is on but simple scan software says it's not connected. The USB connection for the scanner is fine as is the power supply. Strangely, the light for the scanner remains on all the time. Simple scan doesn't want to turn it off. Unfortunately, If the light is on simple scan software will not move the scanner bar inside the scanner itself. I have to reboot my computer and go through the whole process yet again for just 6 scans. So I was wondering if you could help me. I've attached these emails for background information.

PHILIP