[sane-devel] canon pixma MX890 ADF empty test issues

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Tue May 28 10:58:40 UTC 2013

Hi Henry,

Please create usb log files, from scanimage and from Canon's scangearmp.

scanimage:
Set 'export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11' and from scanimage redirect stderr to
sane.log while adding '2> logfile' to the command line.

Canon's scangearmp:
Use wireshark to sniff the usb protocol and save the log to a file.
Maybe you need to enable usb support for wireshark:
http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB.

Please try a single page scan and a multi page scan (single side and
duplex) from ADF with both scanner drivers.

To reduce file size please scan a small area of approx. 5mm x 5mm.

Please create one log file for each single test.

Cheers,
Rolf