[sane-devel] Can you help me

YiHao at rst.ricoh.com YiHao at rst.ricoh.com
Tue Nov 5 10:21:25 UTC 2013

Hello allan,

I can get debug log with scanimage, Thanks a lot !
But, I can not get the debug log of the backends correctly with the
graphical frontend(xscanimage or xsane).
1>CFLAGS="-g  -o" ./configure BACKENDS="ricoh"
2>make
3>make install
4>SANE_DEBUG_RICOH=255  xsane    --->XSANE has been started, but I can get
the debug logging of the backends
I'm not sure,
Whether the problem is because the installation path can not be the default
</usr/local/lib/sane/>.

What should I do  if I want to get the debug log of the backends using the
graphical frontend,
Look forward to your help, Thank you~

Best Regard
Yours Sincerely, Yihao

             "m. allan noah"
             <kitno455 at gmail.c
                                       YiHao at rst.ricoh.com
             08/23/2013 07:29                                           cc
             PM                        sane-devel
                                       <sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
                                       >, yihao1008 at 163.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [sane-devel] Can you help me

1. I don't think you want to use --disable-shared.  You should build and
install shared libraries someplace that your system's linker will find
them.

2. You get debug logging by using environment variables with any sane
frontend, like so:

SANE_DEBUG_RICOH=255 scanimage -L

3. You do not see any scanners listed by scanimage -L because the
sane-backend only supports a few older ricoh scanners. I doubt your scanner
is supported. Three different backends provide this support.

See a list here: http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-RICOH

allan