[sane-devel] canoscan 9000f mark ii

Norayr Chilingarian norayr at arnet.am
Mon Sep 2 12:17:02 UTC 2013

Hello,

I need a scanner which can scan film (35 and 120) and has a free driver.
I need it because I'd like to scan on x86, powerpc and arm
architectures, I need to not depend on operating system version, I need
driver continue to work with latest glibc.

As far as I understand, the canoscan 9000f and 9000f mark ii is supported
completely.
http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html

As I have read at the pixma driver page, it seems, the source is open and
redistributable. So it fits my needs.

Just to make sure, did I get it right?
Is the pixma free software?
Is it usually included in GNU/Linux distributions?

Will it work on later versions of operating systems? It's not binary only,
right? So it should work?

Or you may suggest other photo film scanner which has the free driver.

Thank you.