[sane-devel] Updated info for Canon LiDE 500F

Daniel Ellis mail at danellis.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 08:13:04 UTC 2013

Hi Stef, thanks for checking this out.  I did email Genesys Logic support
department regarding this chip on 13th August, but sadly I've had no
response.

Looking at their current scanner products
http://www.genesyslogic.com/en/product_list.php?1st=2

There are:

- GL125
- GL126
- GL128

So the naming scheme makes me think they could have had a GL120 in the past.

I hope my picture of the chip can be useful to someone else attempting to
get this scanner going.  But I'm going to give up on this scanner now. It's
time to eBay it, as I have held on to it for 6 years (I bought it about a
month before my transition to free software).

If there is anything else I can assist with before it goes let me know.

Thanks,
Dan