[sane-devel] Canon-DR M140 does not work in ubuntu 8.04

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:01:27 UTC 2013

If this scanner uses a protocol which is like the other Canon DR scanners,
I will be able to add support to SANE. You would have to compile an updated
version of SANE for use on those ancient versions of Linux. It would be
best if I could have physical access to the scanner. Even then, I will take
some time.

If this scanner uses some other protocol, I think it might be a very big
job, which I do not have time for now. Perhaps another SANE developer would
be available.

So, the first step is for you to get a log on Windows, and let us see the
file.