[sane-devel] New scanner Canon MF4770N Multi function

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Thu Sep 19 19:59:34 UTC 2013

Hi Ralph,

Many thanks for your help adding a new scanner to SANE.

It seems that you're using the sources from the stable version. Please
use the daily git snapshot from here:
http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/ or use git as described here:
http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux. I already fixed the '0x10
paper in ADF' issue before. Maybe the underrun issue has also been fixed
before.

Please check SANE version with 'scanimage -V'. This should report:
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.24git; backend version 1.0.24.

For debugging you can activate debug messages on the console with
'export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4'. If you want to see the USB protocols use
'export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11' or 'export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=21'. Then start
xsane or scanimage from the console.

Please read the pixma manpage (man sane-pixma) for more infos.

You can send your patch file to the ml or direct to my email address.
Then I can commit it to git.

Cheers,
Rolf