[sane-devel] Canon P-215 USB modeswitching

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 3 09:10:10 UTC 2014

Hi Allan!

On 04/03/2014 03:03 AM, m. allan noah wrote:
> I worked on the backend for this scanner remotely, but I've never
> actually touched one. I had no idea it did this modeswitching.

Yes, I saw you were the author of the backend, so I was hoping you'd
be chiming in to reply :).

I still have this particular scanner here and there is even a driver
supplied by Canon in source which includes a binary blob, however,
so I'm not sure whether you can find the proper control sequence in
the sources. I have already skimmed through the source code and found
nothing so far.

Do you have any idea what we could do to find the proper command to
set the scanner into scanner mode? Would a USB dump on Windows help?

Adrian

--
  .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org