[sane-devel] Issue with Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500

Wolfgang Fahl wf at bitplan.com
Thu Apr 10 05:41:44 UTC 2014

Dear Sane developers,

please find attached a zipped log with the result of my test with a
ScanSnap iX500 (due to the 100 KByte Limit for this mailinglist I could
not simply paste the content).

This test was done on a Macbook Pro running Mavericks using the latest
git version.
My macports 1.0.22 Version didn't work at all.
I had to comment out the pixma driver to avoid

[bjnp] create_broadcast_socket: ERROR - bind socket to local address failed - Address already in use

See also http://trac.macports.org/ticket/26194
where the pixma driver causes a Segmentation violation. I think
commenting out by default might be a good idea to have
more people have success on Mac OS.

The scan with the ScanSnap iX500 runs o.k. but the software keeps
running with the error message "Document feeder out of documents".
But also a simple --help -d will let the software keep running.

 $scanimage -d "fujitsu:ScanSnap iX500:50108" --source "ADF Duplex" -b
--mode color --resolution 150
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of fujitsu to 0.
Scanning -1 pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1
Scanning page 1
Scanned page 1. (scanner status = 5)
Scanning page 2
Scanned page 2. (scanner status = 5)
Scanning page 3
Scanned page 3. (scanner status = 5)
Scanning page 4
Scanned page 4. (scanner status = 5)
Scanning page 5
scanimage: sane_start: Document feeder out of documents

Please find below the debug log for the same command line call.
export SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=10
scanimage -d "fujitsu:ScanSnap iX500:50108" --source "ADF Duplex" -b
--mode color --resolution 150 > /tmp/log.txt 2>&1

What can be done to fix this behaviour and make sure scanimage returns
properly when the pages in the adf have been fully scanned?

Cheers
  Wolfgang

--

BITPlan - smart solutions