[sane-devel] Hour/minute/second wildcards for scanimage file name?

Joel Penner joelcpenner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 01:56:47 UTC 2014

I am trying to use the --batch flag with a HP ScanJet 2200c. The batch
function doesn't work because scanimage tries to start the second scan
before the scanner head has fully gone back to its original position.
Because of this scanimage receives a busy signal while the head is
retracting and the batch scan operation stops. I was thinking of making a
simple scanimage + wait 10 seconds script to get around this limitation.
Are there date/time (hour/minute) wildcard characters for scanimage that I
could use to differentiate the files in this manually created batch?

Alternatively, is there a way to modify the plustek backend to wait for a
few seconds before trying to start the next scan?

Thanks,
Joel