[sane-devel] use scanner canon pixma mx390 series

marielle de Geradon marielledegeradon at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 23:20:06 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have a printer-scanner-fax machine Canon Pixma MX390 series (usb, not
wifi). I have been able to install quite easily the printer but the scanner
seems to be another story.

I have a Synology san (DS213air)

After few research on the internet, I found out that I needed to install
some stuff on the san in order to be able to use the scanner.

I've installed sane, following instructions I found on the internet and from
your site I see that you are not sure that sane is working with the pixma
mx390 series.

The result I got is the following:

Sane-find-scanner

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1766 [MX390 series]) at
libusb:002:002

  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

scanimage -L

Does it mean that it is not supported? Or would I have a chance to have it
work with other instructions?

If the answer is that it will not work, do I have a chance to find another
solution to have my scanner work?

I'm not a developer so please be complete in the instructions :)

Many thanks for your help,

Marielle