[sane-devel] genesys Canon Lide 210 aspect-ratio-problem at 600 dpi

Andrew Kanaber akanaber at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 00:55:01 UTC 2014

I hit the same problem with a Canon LiDE 110. I tried measuring the distortion
by scanning a sheet of graph paper in various modes.

With sane 1.0.24 in 600dpi lineart and gray modes the scan is stretched
vertically by about 30%. Color mode scans are actually also stretched at
600dpi, but much less noticeably by about 2%. The stretching is still visible
though if you compare the scanned images side-by-side. With version 1.0.22 the
lineart and gray scans are correct at 600dpi but the 2%-ish stretching is
still present in 600dpi color mode.

In case it helps I've put some of the scans up at
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~akanaber/lide110/

Let me know if there's something else I can do that might help,

Andrew