[sane-devel] Canon MX 725 network problems

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Thu Aug 21 11:15:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-21 at 07:57 +0200, HelpHelp wrote:
> Hey Luis,
>
> I forgot to mention that I am using the ADF
>
> Regards
>
> On 21.08.2014 07:51, HelpHelp wrote:
>
> > Hello Luis!
> >
> > your patch solved the first problem. It looks like the error is gone
> > - made about 12 pages without
> > errors.
> > Thank you!

Thanks for testing, I will commit the changes to GIT.

> > But one error still exist and I am not sure whether it is because of
> > the backend:
> >
> > When I first start the scanner and start the scan right after that,
> > the scan will be aborted after a short period of time, because of
> > "Copy text ... Error ". Another problem is then, that I have to
> > restart the scanner, because the scanner hangs. In the display of
> > the scanner is written :"Document scanning...." forever...

Can you please get me a trace with SANE_DEBUG_BJNP=5 (or higher) when
this occurs?
The abort is the interesting part. Once a communication error occurs
between the backend and the scanner, there is normally no way to reset
the scanner from the backend, so the scanner remains confused until it
is power cycled.

Br, Louis