[sane-devel] Canon MF8200C Series

Troels Thomsen troels.pil.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:45:22 UTC 2014

> No dns server. Its a relatively freshly installed Mint, sitting behind a
> cable router with dhcp.

The  192.168.1.50 is just chosen as static ip on the printer, because the
windows driver like it to be that way.

Yes I removed everything else than net and pixma from dll.conf.
As you probably saw, it worked much better when I was pointed towards
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/
:-)

I'm still puzzeled on why the ./configure BACKENDS="pixma" trick didn't
work.
(a missing make clean? or can it load backends from the official 1.0.23
install)
But my primary concern about startup times is solved completely.

/Troels