[sane-devel] improve scanbd for Debian

Rolf Leggewie foss at rolf.leggewie.biz
Thu Dec 11 11:47:50 UTC 2014

On 11.12.2014 15:39, Wilhelm wrote:
> Well, I see for in syslog.log
>
> Nov 15 19:08:43 localhost scanbd: scanbd: exec for
> /usr/share/scanbd/scripts/copy.script
> Nov 15 19:08:43 localhost scanbd: scanbd: execlp: No such file or directory
>
> which meens that your script isn't found ... but the action is triggered
> from the scanner (once in this log).

Hello Wilhelm,

thank you for the quick response.  Like I said, the binary package and
my installation still has many rough edges.  They will need to be dealt
with one at a time, in the proper order.

The part you refer to is the one that is "actually working", where the
call to the script at least happens.  Maybe the script does not exist
but that is irrelevant at this time because I want to start scanbd from
init but it doesn't even try to call any script (existing or
non-existing).  It only does that when I call it from the command-line.

Lines 71 to 503 are the ones that show the call where button presses do
not trigger any kind of response.

Regards

Rolf