[sane-devel] improve scanbd for Debian

Rolf Leggewie foss at rolf.leggewie.biz
Fri Dec 12 02:27:53 UTC 2014

On 12.12.2014 05:07, Wilhelm wrote:
> I must admit, actually I have no idea whar ist going wrong here. I see
> that the scanner and all options are recognized as in the
> call-from-shell case.

Wilhelm, thank you for having a look.  I must admit that the logs were
gotten a few weeks ago.  It is quite possible that my memory of what I
was doing at what point in time was faulty.  My apologies about that. I
am only starting to learn how to decipher the logs on my own (totally
impossible feat at log level 7, hahaha).

Given that you were unable to see any difference I started a re-run and
inserted some markers into syslog with the logger command to make sure I
will be able to gather what happened when this time.  From what I
understand now, it seems that the scanner is indeed NOT recognized.  How
can that come about, especially given that on a call from the
command-line things work just fine with the same configuration?

FTR, I started scandbd from the command-line, waited a few seconds and
then pressed each button once.  This seems to have been successful.  In
the case of init, I started the program via the services command,
realized the scanner was NOT recognized, unplugged and replugged it and
then pressed all buttons (even though apparently the scanner had not
been recognized).

Regards

Rolf