[sane-devel] sane to work with USB 3.0

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Dec 16 23:42:20 UTC 2014

m. allan noah writes:

> I have just committed an attempted workaround for this Linux kernel
> bug. I have tested with Fujitsu and Canon scanners, and it does fix
> the problem. I have not tested with other scanners. We need as much
> testing on this as we can get. Please build from a current git
> checkout (or tomorrow's git snapshot), and let us know what you find.

Just tested 014b45d9 with an EPSON ES-H300 and the epson2 as well as
epson backends.  SANE backends configured with

  ./configure --enable-libusb_1_0

I had no trouble scanning three times in a row with scanimage using
either backend with the scanner connected to a bus controlled by the
xhci_hcd driver.  So your changes didn't break anything for me :-)

Tested on Debian GNU/Linux jessie (last updated 2014-12-16), running
with linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962