[sane-devel] Canon MG3250 - new hardware

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Wed Feb 5 21:34:03 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-02-02 at 23:09 +0000, Keith Wansbrough wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Canon MG3250 connected via wireless (BJNP, IPv4). I see it's
> marked as "Testers needed". How can I help?
>
> I have pixma 0.17.6 (built from git), running on Ubuntu 12.04 on x86_64.
>
> scanimage -L didn't find the scanner, but putting an explicit line
> "bjnp://192.168.0.16" in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/pixma.conf made it find it.
>
> Running xsane and clicking the "Acquire preview" button causes the
> scanner to move slightly, and an error dialog "Error during read: Error
> during device I/O" to appear in xsane.
>
> I've attached the debug output (level 11) of the above. Any suggestions
> for things to try? I'm happy to apply patches, collect logs, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --KW 8-)
Hi Keith
Before you try the network protocol (which adds an additional layer of
complexity) it would be good to first test the scanner using the USB
connection. If that works, we can work on the network stuff (if still
applicable). I can help with the BJNP stuff, Rolf B can hopefully work
with you on the USB support

Best regards, Louis