[sane-devel] Canon MF4770N

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Thu Feb 6 19:45:19 UTC 2014

Hi Ralph,

Nice to hear from you again.

I guess that I already fixed ADF issue for Imageclass scanners. Please
fetch the latest SANE version from git.

Please check your SANE's versions:

$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4
$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.25git; backend version 1.0.25
$ scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of pixma to 4.
[pixma] pixma is compiled with pthread support.
[pixma] pixma version 0.17.6

If your SANE version is the latest one and the issue still happens,
please create a log file and send it to me:
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11
$ scanimage [options to enable ADF] -x 5 -y 5 2> pixma.log > pixma.pnm

You can also use xsane ($ xsane &> pixma.log). Then select a small scan
area in the preview window.

Cheers,
Rolf