[sane-devel] Canon laser multi-functional support: MFNP protocol

chrysn chrysn at fsfe.org
Sun Feb 16 10:02:47 UTC 2014

hello louis,

thanks for informing me about the progress on mfnp devices.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:09:54AM +0100, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
> I have committed  support for Canon laser multifunctional scanner
> support to git. The MFNP protocol is very similar to the BJNP protocol,
> so I added it to the exsiting BJNP code. If people find issues with
> either BJNP (inkjet) or MFNP (laser) devices, I would appreciate a
> report here.

i tried to use the current git head with my mf4570dn device clio like this:

$ scanimage -d pixma:mf4570dn_clio

which does result in some udp chit-chat (see attached clio.pcapng.gz).

with SANE_DEBUG_BJNP=100 SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=100, i got the attached output
scanimage.err.gz.

i don't quite see where that "open of device failed" is coming from.
does the 4570 behave differently from the others, or am i just doing it
wrong?

best regards
chrysn

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom