[sane-devel] Using scanimage's -device option to specify one of two identical scanners

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 12:06:41 UTC 2014

Some scanners have a serial number which can be seen by software. Some
sane backends use that serial as part of the device name. If your
scanners or the pixma backend don't support this, you will have to
find another way. Perhaps forcing the device name using udev or
whatever Linux is using this week.

allan