[sane-devel] HP Officejet 6700 Premium keeps on scanning using ADF

Marc Hoersken info at marc-hoersken.de
Mon Jul 7 16:56:04 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with a HP Officejet 6700 Premium using hplip. If the
ADF is selected as source, the device keeps on scanning even if I just
want to scan for example 1 out of 2 documents in the ADF.

The problem is that the device scans faster than WiaSane [1] is able to
receive the scanned image data. This leads to the second page being
actually skipped. The same happens if I use scanimage like the following:

scanimage -v -d "hpaio:/net/Officejet_6700?ip=10.2.2.67" --source "ADF"
-p > test.jpg
scanimage: scanning image of size 633x877 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 8/255
scanimage: read 1640736 bytes in total

It does however not happen if I use scanimage in batch mode, for example
like this:

scanimage -v -d "hpaio:/net/Officejet_6700?ip=10.2.2.67" --source "ADF"
-b -p

Attached you will find the network traffic between WiaSane and my SANEd
server. [2]
I would appreciate any help on this issue, thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Marc

PS: You can use my SANE dissector to take a look at the Wireshark capture.

 [1] https://github.com/mback2k/wiasane
 [2] https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kl45lel933yx8z/sane-scan.zip
 [3]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2014-July/032489.html