[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide 210 - Green Bands on the left margin

Toni LDG bulkdata at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 20:07:42 UTC 2014

Hi all.

I just received a Canoscan LiDE 210 and just try to get it working properly.

Just noticed that when using it in Linux, the results of any kind of scan
shows a couple of small green bands on the left side, vertical and about 1
cm width.

The strange thing is that those bands are Not shown when scanning from
Micrososft Windows with the Canon suplied driver.
There image there is perfect. It seems to only affect Sane.

I've tried both on Debian unstable and on Ubuntu 14.04 but same results.

Also tried re-calibrating the scanner from Windows several times, but same
issue.
Removing the calibration file and again.

Also from different front-ends (xsane and skanlite) same results.

The fact that only affects Linux makes me wonder if is some kind of
software issue or is a faulty hardware.
I am in time to return it but just wanna know first if i am doing something
wrong, or is a software issue.

Have some samples to check the issue if desired.

 * Windows Color 300ppp Scan:
http://www.pictureshack.us/view_48697_300ppp_Color.jpg
 * Linux Color 300ppp Scan:
http://www.pictureshack.us/view_72108_Imagen-0033.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help and also for the great job you all do to get
scanners working.