[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide 210 - Green Bands on the left margin

Toni LDG bulkdata at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 15:36:01 UTC 2014

Hi

Same versions here. Debian Unstable laptop.

    toni at watson:~$ scanimage -V
    scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.24; backend version 1.0.24

I also tested it with latest Ubuntu 14.04 and find the same issue.
Is there any other piece of software involved to check versioning?

And about the Windows vs Linux thing,... yes it is very strange however i
do not know how both work internally to compare but I assume they work
differently.

For example, when i plug the scanner while in Windows, i see scanner is
enabled and the lamp is lit in green, then it moves a little up, then goes
down and parks again.  On linux however this is not done at all when
plugged. Do not know what is the purpose of that action.:-)

Without knowing the internals of the drivers and the device is difficult

  One supposition i make is that the calibration on windows is differently
done compared to Linux.

  The second supposition is that the Windows driver hides the deffect on
purpose making some kind of editing to the images or has a different color
profile....

Other idea is coming from the fact that yours works ok. This makes me think
that either mine is faulty or slightly different hardware.

Regards.